White Pine

Spring Conditions. Frozen crust early and soft slush late. If you can avoid it, please do not ski late in the day, the deep ruts freeze solid overnight and are very difficult to groom out. Also, for the people who love to walk the trails…. Please just don’t. Post holes are worse than ruts. Help us remind people that the ski trails are for skiing.

Full spring weather again today. A cold morning with calm air. All trails are open, scratched up with a fresh surface and with yesterday’s hard frozen classic track. Early skiing will be very exciting and spicy today. Very firm track for skating with a crumble on top, frozen classic early, but it will soften significantly later in the day as the sun warms things up. Mid 20’s for temperatures early, then warming to the high 40’s by afternoon. Crust skiing will be nice and smooth from the start until mid-morning so hop off the trail and explore a bit. Best skiing time will be from 10-2 today. Red or violet wax early today, yellow by afternoon with the chance of deep ruts forming. It will be another beautiful, sunny afternoon. Wrap yourself in your favorite spring layers, sunscreen and hat. Please be aware of changing conditions, be mindful and ski within your abilities. PLEASE ride the bus, micro transit, carpool, skateboard, cycle, e-bike or walk if you can. Parking is available all around the hotel and underground use the east entrance until the hotel fixes the main garage entrance door. Everything you can do to reduce single driver trips and park smart helps!

Come play outside in the sun then drop in the shop to say hi and check out the deals available on our annual sale. Have a Joyous ski day. It won’t be long before we see the tulips opening up and welcoming even warmer and softer conditions.

BOGO offer for Mountain Dell Season Pass holders. Show us your Mountain Dell Pass and we’ll get you and a friend out skiing. Grab a ski buddy, come in, show us your pass and you can buy two trail passes for the price of one.

We are planning to be open at least through the end of March. Snow coverage has remaining quite good and we want to keep the party gliding. We have requested permission from Park CIty (our landlord) to stay open until the 12th of April. We are waiting to hear back and we’ll update you as soon as we know.

Follow Richard Hodges:

Latest posts from