DEVO is a winter program for elementary and middle school kids. Read up on Devo, here.
This year’s techniques and dates are as follows:
Classic: January 2nd – Feb 1st
Skate*: February 6th – February 29th
DEVO Carnival: March 5th (conditions permitting)
Family Ski: March 7th (conditions permitting)
*Classic skiing is the basis of all skiing. For that reason, some of the youngest and newest skiers might remain on classic skis for the entire year. This is done to allow skiers to develop all of the pre-requisite skills skating requires before moving on.
Ski Program Expectations
We have a place for every skier who wishes to learn! In order to assure that we keep every skier safe and enjoying the program, we have some basic behavioral expectations and a parent handbook.
Read about expectations and download the parent handbook, here.
TUNA is a volunteer driven organization. For Devo we ask each parent to volunteer for three (3) sessions. For those who ski, helping out on snow with a group (your child’s or another’s) is an excellent way to get involved. New skiers/coaches who wish to volunteer are invited to “coaches training” to learn and improve ski skills. For those who don’t ski, we have many ways to help with the program.
- Help keep overall program costs affordable
- Keep our kids safe in the outdoors
- More volunteer hands in this program really make the quality for the kids go from good to GREAT!
- Participate in FREE training where you’ll learn how to help us on skis (and you’ll pick up some good ski skills too)
- End of year volunteer celebration
Contact Kyler to volunteer: firstname.lastname@example.org