- Due to COVID we will not be offering certification sessions this season and so will only be accepting reservations from those having attained updated certification since 2018.
- Yurt reservations will have a mandatory one calendar “rest” day between each reservation– please plan your dates accordingly as there will be no exceptions made.
- TUNA will be providing an additional COVID related disclaimer which will require signature of all party members prior to use.
- The Yurt will be considered a use-at-your-own-risk space with the expectation that each party taking all necessary precautions to sanitize and create a safe environment upon their arrival.
- Sanitization supplies are to be provided by each party– do not plan supplies being available at the yurt for use.
- We are all in this together, thank you for your patience and understanding as we adjust our yurt offering to make it as safe as possible.
About the Yurt
The Utah Nordic Alliance (TUNA) has operated a yurt in the Uintah National Forest for over twenty years under a permit issued by the Kamas Ranger District. TUNA was the original permit in this national forest. The Forest Service has allows TUNA to keep the yurt up, all year round and on a permanent platform. Thus the yurt can be used year-round for such activities as hiking, camping, mountain biking, horse packing, skiing, etc.
Users must be members of TUNA and certified to use the Yurt. Due to COVID-19, it is not safe to hold certification classes this year. Those who were certified before may contact Peter Swisher: email@example.com for more information.